Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's Cookin?

This is one of my favorite spring & summer dessert recipes. When I was little my mom helped cook all the Wednesday night suppers at the church we attended. She would make this in huge quantities, for like over 300 people. I loved it so much that she figured out how to make it in a normal family sized recipe. It’s always the first dessert I make to usher in spring. It’s so easy to make and great for family dinners, potlucks, or just about anything.


First you will need to make your crust and here’s what you will need for that.
1-1/4 cups Honey Maid Graham Cracker Crumbs 
1/4 cup sugar
5 tbsp butter, melted
Melt butter
Mix sugar and graham cracker crumbs together

 Using the back of a spoon or spatula press crumb mixture firmly on the bottom of a pie pan. 
Chill in fridge for 10 minutes. For this pie recipe I use two square pans- 
so I make two recipes of the crust.


Now here is what you will need for the pie filling:
1 - 6oz package of Jell-o vanilla instant pudding & pie filling
1 – 8oz can of crushed pineapple
1 – Tub Cool Whip
2 cups (1 pt) Sour Cream
1 Tsp. Sugar 

Combine pie filling mix (jell-o pudding), pineapple with juice, sour cream, & sugar. 
Once that is mixed well you add ¾ of the Cool Whip container. 

Beat mixture together and then pour into crust. Top with the remaining Cool Whip.
Chill (at least 2 hours- best overnight)

Garnish with a cherry if you want but since no one at our house likes them we enjoy it start out of the pan no flourishes necessary.

Happy Spring Y’all!

1 comment:

Jason & Christan said...

This dessert is SO YUMMY!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!