Ok so I guess I need to go back and read how to set up scheduled post! This post was set up to post to the blog on 22nd but it never posted and then it was stuck and I couldn’t get to it! Where is the blogging instruction manual? But anyways …
Original Post:
Gosh it feels good to get that off my chest! I have always admired people who are known for something whether it is an attribute or a special thing they do. My sister is the cute smart one and my sister "in love" is the DIY / craft goddess of the south and well I’m just me. But that all is going to change. I am here to announce that I will now be know as:
That crazy lady who leaves her Christmas tree up all year long!
Yep you read that right John and I are leaving it up all year long! Yeah yeah get it all out....ok you done yet?
How bout now?
Good! Feel better?
So how did we come to this decision you might be asking. Well when Valentine’s Day came and left and we still had the tree up. Not just the tree up I’m talking Christmas decorations still hanging on it. We had to make a choice take it down and try to find a space for it or just leave it.
You see we are running out of room here at casa de halfmann. It’s amazing how just the two of us has enough stuff to over take this townhouse, it just keeps piling up. Anyways we talked and we both find it so relaxing to watch tv or read by the light of the Christmas Tree. So we decided to just take off all the Christmas decorations and leave the tree. Then we …well I decided hey why not just decorate it based on the season? So we are!
(see people really do this)
We missed Valentines Day but I have gotten a few V-Day things on clearance for next year and I thought I would just hold off and do the same for St. Patrick’s Day. I found these at Joann Fabric today. The Valentine hearts were normally 2.99 each but they were on clearance for .89 cents so I got 2 of those. And well the shamrocks were just sooo cute that I knew if I waited for them to go on clearance they wouldn’t be there anymore. They were on sale though, they were normally $2.99 I got them for $1.47.
So I figured this year we would start with spring. Our tree will be a little bare but it will work for now. I actually have some really cute ideas that I am working on for spring! Here's a little peek. Be checking back for some DIY how to's!
I can’t decide what to call it though…I don’t like holiday tree, season tree is ok…but I don’t know. I want something catchy. If you have any ideas on what to call it or fun decoration tips feel free to comment. Anyways you may find it stupid, silly, or weird. And that’s A-ok with us.
We are starting our own little family craziness…I mean traditions.











3 comments:
I LOVE IT. I think it's cute!!!!
I understand about missing the lights after you take your tree down. That's the only thing I miss about it. I say "go for it". Let me know how you feel about it come next Christmas :o)
Love,
Mom H.
Ask John about his Grandma Paulsen. She had a tree that she left up all year. It was a nature tree, I also had one for quite a few years. That just goes to show that you married in to the right crazy family. We also use to put a tree up in every room. And I don't mean little trees either. Love,
Aunt Terry
Post a Comment